Add Some Shine to Your Holiday SeasonDecember 15, 2020
Picture Spending Your Next Holiday in These Glamorous HomesDecember 17, 2020
Why should holiday baking get all of the attention? Try whipping one of these seasonal drinks up to get yourself into the holiday spirit.
Hot Chocolate with a Twist | A steamy cup of cocoa has been a long-time winter favorite, but have you tried it with a more mature twist?
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 ounces milk, heated
- 1 1/2 ounces spirit of choice
- Garnish: mini marshmallows
- Put the chopped chocolate in an Irish Coffee mug.
- Pour the hot milk into the mug and let stand for 2 minutes until the chocolate melts, then stir with a spoon until smooth.
- Pour in the spirit of your choice and stir to combine.
- Garnish with mini marshmallows.
Holiday Punch | This festive libation packs a punch of fruity flavor that will be sure to put a smile on anyone’s face.
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tsp almond extract
- Fresh cranberries and limes (optional)
- Pour cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and almond extract into a large drink dispenser and mix.
- Pour in ginger ale and give it one quick stir.
- Add in cranberries, limes, ice, and ginger ale.
- If you like it super bubbly, serve within a few hours as it can start to go flat.
Hot Buttered Rum | Cozy up with a mug full of Hot Buttered Rum. This rich drink is everything you need to spice up your next night in.
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup spiced rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 sticks cinnamon for garnish
- Using an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, butter, honey cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl until blended and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-cup mixing bowl.
- Add the rum and 2 cups of boiling water to the bowl.
- Stir until the butter mixture dissolves.
- Divide the buttered rum among 4 mugs, garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve.
Mulled Wine | Give your favorite vino a festive makeover. Mulled wine is a holiday staple across the globe—and for good reason!
- 4 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- Combine the cider, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, orange zest, orange juice, cloves, and star anise in a large saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour into mugs and serve.