New Townhomes Near Sloan’s Lake, the Ultimate Denver LifestyleNovember 11, 2018
Now is the Time to Consider Buying, Before Interest Rates IncreaseNovember 16, 2018
Are you one of the brave ones who has selected to host friends and/or family for a holiday gathering? While the holidays are a joyous time, there can be feelings of stress when hosting. We are here to help with five easy holiday hosting tips.
- Send an invite via an online system (like Paperless Post, Evite, etc.) – you can create a free account, make the invite shine, and track your RSVP’s for ideal planning all in one.
- Once you have an idea for your RSVP count, start to plan your meals. Are you providing all pieces of the meal, asking others to bring something, etc.? Make sure to let your guests know in advance so they don’t show up empty-handed (if the expectation is to bring a side dish or bottle of wine for example).
- Stock up on drinks and snacks. Ideally the meal is prepared ahead of time (or as much of it as you can), but it’s always a great idea to have extra snacks for nibbling on and extra drinks on hand. After all, a great party typically lasts longer than originally planned!
- Decorate – hopefully this is the fun part of the preparation! Whatever your décor of choice is for the holidays, fill your home with the holiday spirit, creating a welcoming environment for your guests.
- The day is here, time to prepare! On the day of the event, make sure to tidy up around the house. Arrange the place settings, holiday napkins, glasses, plates, and silverware that you want your guests to use. Extra tip – grab some holiday scented candles and light prior to your guests arriving (without going overboard of course!).